Structural Engineer Designer/EIT
Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors who provide comprehensive, integrated services for transportation facilities; site development; utility infrastructure; water resources; storm water facilities; parks; and residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial site development.
With a staff of 84, we serve clients across Oregon, southwestern Washington and Idaho from our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Bend and Moscow, Idaho. Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance.
What We Are Seeking
HHPR is currently looking for a Structural Engineer Designer/EIT for our Portland office. This is an excellent opportunity to grow with an expanding Structural department. The right candidate will need to work well within a multidiscipline environment, respond effectively to numerous deadlines, and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Responsible for work associated with technical calculations, reports, structural detailing for all types of projects.
- Experience in design of buildings, retaining walls, and other structures using reinforced concrete, reinforced masonry, structural steel, and wood materials, all in conformance with current IBC standards.
- Preference of 1-2 years of experience in consulting engineering office.
- Must be thorough, detailed oriented, and able to meet established production project deadlines.
- Thrive within a relatively independent work environment with appropriate supervision.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Revit is a must.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly describe observations and convey information with sketches and technical writing.
Send cover letter and resume PDF document to employment@HHPR.com.
HHPR is an organization dedicated to providing its employees with a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on an array of projects and a chance to make a difference. We are a company that values and respects the creativity and input of our employees. HHPR offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits; which include 401(K) Retirement plan, health, vision and dental premiums 100% paid for the entire family by company, long-term disability and life insurance, vacation and sick benefits and more. In addition, there is an opportunity for company stock ownership.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, protected veterans and persons with disabilities. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, age or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application or interviewing process due to a disability, please email email@example.com for accommodation options.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 205 SE Spokane Street St 200, Portland, OR, 97202 Attn: Human Resources.