Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer/Project Manager
Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors who provide comprehensive, integrated services for transportation facilities; site development; utility infrastructure; water resources; stormwater facilities; parks; and residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial site development.
With a staff of 93, we serve clients across Oregon, southwestern Washington and Idaho from our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Bend and Moscow Idaho. Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance.
What we are seeking
Our commitment to high quality service and design is the foundation of our successful 26 years as a top engineering firm in the Pacific Northwest. We attract and retain individuals who challenge assumptions and strive for creative solutions to accomplish goals.
We are seeking a Water/Wastewater Project Manager for our Portland office to manage a group to perform studies, designs and field assignments for wastewater, storm water management, drainage, and, conveyance projects.
The role requires leading and mentoring a team through planning, design and implementation phases of projects for private and public clients. Candidate should be able to effectively manage people, be highly attentive to detail and self-motivated. Responsibilities will include direct communication with clients on technical design, scope, project schedules and budgets. Leading and mentoring a team while meeting multiple projects deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude.
- Responsible for work associated with large diameter conveyance systems, pump stations, water and wastewater treatment and utility master planning.
- Perform sophisticated and complicated designs and calculations in accordance with established standards.
- Manage, train and mentor less experienced project engineers and designers.
- Pursue new work and maintain client relationships
- Assist with marketing activities to procure work.
- Participate in generating project scopes, schedules and budgets.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelors in Civil or Environmental Engineering, or a related engineering discipline.
- Registered Professional engineer in Oregon; licenses in other states a plus
- Ten (10) year minimum in related work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in project management including budget, schedule and deliverable performance.
- Solid understanding of civil design and construction standards
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Adept at interpersonal relationship building, conflict resolution, and leading a diverse team.
Send your cover letter and resume PDF document to email@example.com.
HHPR is an organization dedicated to providing its employees with a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on an array of projects and a chance to make a difference. We are a company that values and respects the creativity and input of our employees. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, which include 401(K) Retirement plan, health and dental premiums for the entire family paid by company, disability and life insurance, vacation and sick benefits with an opportunity for company stock ownership.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with relevant governing laws.