Senior Structural Bridge Engineer
Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a multi-disciplinary firm of civil engineers, structural engineers, surveyors, landscape architects, natural resources scientists, planners, and technicians. We provide comprehensive, integrated services for institutional, commercial, residential, and industrial site development; transportation facilities; utility infrastructure; water resources; stormwater facilities; and parks.
With a staff of 84, we serve clients across Oregon, southwestern Washington, and Idaho from our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Bend, and Moscow. Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance.
What We are Seeking
We are currently looking for a Senior Structural Bridge Engineer for our Portland office. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional engineer who would like the opportunity to create a bridge division to complement our current services. This individual will need to work well within a multi-discipline environment, respond effectively to numerous deadlines and have excellent communication and organizational skills to build a team.
- Design or rehabilitate highway and transportation structures, including bridges, retaining walls, and noise barriers for local clients.
- Conduct feasibility and alternate-type studies for larger or more complex bridge projects.
- Perform engineer-of-record design computations and code checks, and develop contract plans and documents for superstructures, substructures, foundations, and load ratings.
- Assist project managers in developing scopes of work, proposals, and budgets for transportation projects and tasks.
- Responsible for managing project tasks, budgets, work plans, subconsultants, and schedules.
- Oversee and direct project production team members and be responsible for scheduling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Initiate and maintain contact with other key project/program lead individuals for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
- Maintain client relationships to ensure satisfaction and effectively communicate with all disciplines, agencies, and authorities involved in projects.
- Lead marketing and business development opportunities for transportation structures.
- Manage and mentor engineering and technical staff, including supervising, organizing, and planning work to ensure appropriate team utilization.
- Provide oversight and resolution of issues during construction phase work.
- Performing QA/QC to ensure quality of team projects, including reviewing team designs and drawings to verify calculations and cost estimates.
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Licensed engineer in the States of Oregon and Washington and the ability to receive reciprocity in other states as required.
- Minimum of 10 + years in civil engineering with an emphasis in bridge engineering.
- Familiarity with AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI, and NDS codes is required.
- Experience with federal and state agencies, including ODOT is preferred.
- Knowledge of bridge design software required and an understanding of plan production in AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly describe observations and convey information with sketches and technical writing.
Send your cover letter and resume (in PDF format) to email@example.com.
HHPR is an organization dedicated to providing its employees with a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on an array of projects, and a chance to make a difference. We are a company that values and respects the creativity and input of our employees. HHPR offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits. These include 401(K) retirement plan; health, vision, and dental premiums 100% paid for the entire family by company; long-term disability and life insurance; vacation and sick benefits; and more. In addition, there is an opportunity for company stock ownership.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; we value workplace diversity and invite resumes from all interested parties, including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.