Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a multi-disciplinary firm of civil engineers, structural engineers, surveyors, landscape architects, natural resources scientists, planners, and technicians. We provide comprehensive, integrated services for institutional, commercial, residential, and industrial site development; transportation facilities; utility infrastructure; water resources; stormwater facilities; and parks.
With a staff of 84, we serve clients across Oregon, southwestern Washington, and Idaho from our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Bend, and Moscow. Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance.
What We Are Seeking
Our commitment to high quality service and design is the foundation of our successful 26 years as a top engineering firm in the Pacific Northwest. We attract and retain individuals who challenge assumptions and strive for creative solutions to accomplish goals.
We are currently looking for a Civil Engineer for our Portland office who will work well within the team environment, respond effectively to multiple deadlines, and produce great work. The candidate will be highly-attentive to detail, has the organization and skill to work independently under the guidance of a Project Manager and is an agile and communicative team member.
- Supporting work associated with technical calculations, reports, site design on site development and public infrastructure projects.
- Design experience including roads, erosion control, grading, drainage, sewer, water, storm water and franchise utilities required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registered Professional Engineer in Oregon; licenses in other states a plus.
- 4-7 years in related work experience.
- Solid understanding of civil design and construction standards.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation a must.
- Proficient ability to communicate both verbally and written.
- Team player with the ability to work and independently.
- Attention to detail.
Send cover letter and resume PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HHPR is an organization dedicated to providing its employees with a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on an array of projects, and a chance to make a difference. We are a company that values and respects the creativity and input of our employees. HHPR offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits. These include 401(K) retirement plan; health, vision, and dental premiums 100% paid for the entire family by company; long-term disability and life insurance; vacation and sick benefits; and more. In addition, there is an opportunity for company stock ownership.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; we value workplace diversity and invite resumes from all interested parties, including women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities.