Civil Designer, EIT
Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors who provide comprehensive, integrated services for transportation facilities; site development; utility infrastructure; water resources; stormwater facilities; parks; residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial site development.
With a staff of 93, we serve clients across Oregon, southwestern Washington and Idaho from our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Bend and Moscow, Idaho. Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance.
What we are seeking
We are currently looking for Civil Designer, EIT for our Portland office and seeking an individual that will work well in a team environment, respond effectively to multiple deadlines, and produce great work. The candidate will be highly attentive to detail, have the organization and skill to work independently under the guidance of a professional engineer and be an agile and communicative team member.
- Support work associated with technical calculations, reports, site design, residential development and transportation projects.
- Thorough, detailed and able to meet established production deadlines.
- Thrive within a relatively independent work environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written a must.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT Certification in Oregon or ability to obtain
- Must have 0-2 years relevant professional experience
- Experience with using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation.
- Attention to detail
HHPR is an organization dedicated to providing its employees with a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on an array of projects and a chance to make a difference. We are a company that values and respects the creativity and input of our employees. To support this we offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, which include 401(K) Retirement plan, health and dental premiums for the entire family paid by company, disability and life insurance, vacation and sick benefits with an opportunity for company stock ownership.
HHPR is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in the work place. An Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with relevant governing laws.