Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors who provide comprehensive, integrated services for transportation facilities; site development; utility infrastructure; water resources; storm water facilities; parks; and residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial site development.
With a staff of 93, we serve clients across Oregon, southwestern Washington and Idaho from our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Bend and Moscow Idaho. Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work life balance.
What we are seeking
A Civil Designer for our Portland office that will work well in a team environment, communicate effectively, detailed and produces great work. The candidate will be highly attentive to detail, have the organization and skill to work independently while being a communicative team member.
- Technical ability with engineering principles and practices
- Design roads, erosion control, grading, drainage, sewer, water, storm water and franchise utilities required.
- Thorough, detailed and able to meet established production project deadlines.
- Thrive within a relatively independent work environment with minimal supervision.
Education, Experience & Qualifications
- 2-year certificate or an associate degree from an accredited vocational/technical institute.
- Experience with using AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Microstation.
- Aptitude for learning and mastering design software programs.
- Solid understanding of civil design and construction standards
- Attention to detail and ability to communicate effectively verbally and written a must.
- Ability to pass background check and have a satisfactory driving record.
Click here to Respond to this post with your resume and cover letter
HHPR offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, which include but not limited to: 401(K) Retirement plan, health/dental premiums for the entire family paid by company, disability and life insurance, vacation and sick benefits.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer; All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with relevant governing laws.