Founded in Portland, Oregon in 1990, Harper Houf Peterson Righellis Inc. (HHPR) is a firm of engineers, planners, landscape architects, and surveyors who provide comprehensive, integrated services for transportation facilities; site development; utility infrastructure; water resources; stormwater facilities; parks; and residential, commercial, institutional, and industrial site development. With a staff of over 93, we serve clients across Oregon, Washington and western Idaho from our offices in Portland, Vancouver, Bend and Moscow. Our culture is one of dedicated individuals who take our clients’ needs seriously while having fun as a team. We support our teammates’ aspirations and provide the opportunity to achieve professional and personal goals. We are respectful of individuals’ personal lives and strive for an efficient and effective work environment.
The candidate will back-up receptionist; perform a diversified mix of duties from assisting with designated administrative details requiring initiative and judgement to providing support to our marketing and professional staff. The position requires organization, excellent computer and communication skills with a high degree of professionalism.
- 3 years relevant work experience in a professional office environment, preferably in the A&E industry; OR an associate’s degree.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Adobe creative suite (In Design)
- Experience in an administrative role
- Ability to use tact and diplomacy to maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of staff and external audiences
- Experience with multi-line telephones
- Experience composing, editing, proofing and copying written materials.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Reliable with good attendance and punctuality
- Can work independently but also part of a team
- Must possess energy and drive to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
HHPR is an organization dedicated to providing its employees with a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on an array of projects and a chance to make a difference. We are a company that values and respects the creativity and input of our employees. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, which include 401(K) plan, health and dental premiums for employees and family paid by company, disability and life insurance, vacation, sick benefits and opportunity for company stock ownership.
HHPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values workplace diversity. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities or any other characteristic protected by law. If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation in the process of apply or interviewing due to a disability, please let us know.
Send resume and cover letter to Employment@HHPR.com or mail to 205 SE Spokane Street St 200, Portland, OR, 97202 Att: Human Resources.